Visitor Visa

Depending on which country you are from and the reason for your visit, you may need a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) to enter and stay in Canada for a certain period of time. Some countries are visa exempt, which means you will not need a visa to enter Canada. If you come from a country that is not visa exempt, you will need to apply for a TRV before coming to Canada. A TRV is issued to someone visiting family or friends within Canada, a business person, a tourist, a short-term student, or a person transiting through Canada.

Student Visa

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) recognizes the contribution international students make to Canada’s economic and cultural environment. CIC encourages international students to study in Canada, and therefore, have designed programs to attract and retain more international students. Programs such as the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program, the On/Off-Campus Work Permit, Co-op and Internship Programs, or the Canadian Experience Class permit students to stay and work in Canada during or after completing their studies. In some cases, graduated students can eventually apply for permanent residency. Before you can apply for a study permit, you must have been accepted at a recognized school, university or college in Canada.

Temporary Work Permit

If you want to work in Canada, you can apply for an open work permit before entering Canada or obtain an offer of employment from a Canadian employer. Your employer may need to obtain a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC). A positive LMIA is an authorization from ESDC that the employer can hire a foreign worker for a particular position and for the duration specified on the Labour Market Impact Assessment.

International Experience Canada

Are you looking to obtain some international work experience or simply wish to travel and work along the way? Each year, more than 35,000 young participants between the ages of 18 and 35 come from various countries to work in Canada through a program known as the International Experience Canada. International young participants can easily obtain a temporary work permit and gain professional and personal experience in Canada.